Transformative agreement with PNAS
Three-year pilot agreement signed
The Max Planck Digital Library (MPDL), on behalf of the Max Planck Society, has reached a three-year transformative agreement with the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS). The agreement covers open access (OA) publishing of articles in PNAS.
To publish open access without having to pay Article Publication Charges (APCs), the following criteria must be met:
- A Max Planck author must be the corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation - the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the article.
- The article is accepted between May 1, 2023 and Apr 30, 2026.
- The article matches one of these types: Research Reports, Brief Reports
- The articles is published under a CC-BY license
- Charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement
When submitting, a Max Planck email address should be used (if possible) and the Max Planck affiliation should be stated. During the production process, PNAS and Max Planck Digital Library will verify author eligibility.